Welcome to the Mercer Island High PTSA website. Our mission is to put together helpful information for MIHS parents. This includes PTSA Membership & Fundraising, Islander Update Newsletters, Legislative Advocacy, Volunteer Opportunities, and useful links to topics on the MISD website such as the MIHS Daily Bulletin.
- Sept 28 – Safe Rides Student Meeting, Both Lunches, LPR
- Sept 28 – Curriculum Night, 5:15 pm Market Place, 6:00 pm Classroom Visits
- Oct 5 – District New Family Welcome, 6-8pm, Northwood Commons
- Oct 5 – Youth Suicide Prevention Training, MIHS LPR, 6pm
- Oct 6 – MIHS PTSA General Meeting, 9:30 – 11am. MIHS LPR
- Oct 6 – MIHS College Night #2, Financing Your Child’s College Education, 6pm, Naviance Tutorial, 6:30pm, Presentation
- Oct 8 – Mock ACT Test 8am-1pm (review Oct.18) Pre-Register by October 4
- Oct 19 – PSAT/Grade Level Events. Special Schedule.
- Oct 31 – National PTA Reflections 2018-2019 Theme Search Contest – click Here for detail
- November 19 – Mock SAT Test 8am-1pm (review Nov. 29) Pre-Register by November 15
Late Start” Wednesdays: We will be implementing “Late Start Wednesdays” this year. On Wednesdays school will begin at 8:45 a.m. and end at 2:50 p.m. Periods 2,4,6, and Bridges will meet on Wednesdays. Bridges Advisory will be at the end of the day instead of previously in the middle of the morning due to this change. Normal schedule Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday is 8:00 AM start and 3:00 PM end of day.
Drop Off/Pick Up: During the time when buses are unloading, we ask that nobody park/pick up/drop off students in that zone for safety reasons. The good news is that we have a drop off area on 42nd Street that many parents use to avoid driving into the front parking lot which is often congested at the beginning and end of the school day.
School Bus Stop Arm Safety Camera: Selected school buses in Mercer Island will now feature a stop arm safety camera. When the stop arm is deployed, the camera automatically detects a vehicle illegally passing the stop arm in either direction and captures video of the violation, including still images of a vehicle’s license plate.
Class of 2018 Fundraiser – Raffle for Galapagos Island Expedition:
The MIHS ASB Class of 2018 has an incredible fundraising opportunity and would like to request your support and participation! Lindblad Expeditions (www.expeditions.com) has generously donated and will lead a 10-day/9-night expedition exploring the Galápagos Islands aboard the National Geographic Endeavour. We will be selling $20 raffle tickets at home football games, Curriculum night and other events throughout the fall. Raffle tickets may be purchased with cash or check. The winning raffle ticket will be drawn November 30, 2016 @ the MIHS Winter Assembly. If you have questions or would like to volunteer to sell or to order raffle tickets please contact us at email@example.com.
2016-2017 PTSA Membership and Pass the Hat Contributions
Our online form is a convenient way to make payments for MIHS PTSA Membership and contributions to Pass the Hat. You have the option to pay with Personal Check, PayPal or Credit Card via PayPal using this online system. There is NO service fee charged to parents.
- Individual or Family PTSA Membership which includes MIHS PTSA Directory.
- Pass The Hat contributions
- Friends of the Library donation
- Personalized Bricks
All donations are tax deductible! Don’t forget our Corporate Match Program to help make your taxable donation stretch even farther!
Do You Have Personal Contact or Emergency Contact Information Changes?
If yes, it’s important to let the Mercer Island School District know i.e. Skyward. Instructions: download MISD Student Information Change Form and submit it to your School Secretary. If it’s just an email change, you can do that yourself in Skyward.