Welcome to the Mercer Island High PTSA website. Our mission is to put together helpful information for MIHS parents. This includes PTSA Membership & Fundraising, Islander Update Newsletters, Legislative Advocacy, Volunteer Opportunities, and useful links to topics on the MISD website such as the MIHS Daily Bulletin.
- May 23-24 – SBAC Testing, English Literature for 10th & 11th Grade SPECIAL SCHEDULE
- May 24- Wave Foundation workshop on self defense, sexual assault awareness, and relationship violence education, 5-7 pm, gymnastics room
- May 25-26 – SBAC Testing, Math, for 10th & 11th Grade SPECIAL SCHEDULE
- May 31 – MIHS 8th Grade Transition Morning- 9am, MIHS
May 31- PTA General Membership Meeting-10:30am-12pm, MIHS LPR (REVISED TIME)
- June 1 – Last Day to order a Grad Gram for delivery by Graduation
- June 1 – MIHS EOC Testing – Math
- June 2 – MIHS EOC Testing – Biology
- June 2 – MIHS Kickoff Summer Carnival, 3-5:30pm, MIHS Commons
- June 3 – Crest Plant Sale, Crest Learning Center
- June 5-7 – MIHS Senior Finals
- June 5 – National Honor Society Induction – 6:30pm, PAC
- June 7 – MIHS Senior Assembly- 12:30pm, MIHS Gym
- June 7 – MIHS Baccalaureate- 7pm, MI Presbyterian Church
- June 8 – Senior Breakfast- 7:30am, MIHS Gym
- June 8 – 2017 Graduation- 7pm Key Arena
Mercer Island High School PTSA
Slate of Proposed Officers for 2017-2018 School Year
The 2017 Mercer Island High School PTSA nominating committee hereby places the following names in nomination:
Co-President: Ivy Suzuki-Jaecks
Co-President: Debbie Hanson
Co-Treasurers: Kristin Sugamele and Karla Olson
Secretary: Michelle Galvin
Co-VP Operations: Ruth Cartright and Gillian Peckham
Co-VP Communications: Anita McSwiney and Connie Shepherd
VP, Outreach: Diane Barrett Tien
VP, Legislation and Advocacy: Christina Hendelman and Maria Alberto
General Membership Meeting to vote in this slate will be Wednesday, May 31st, 9:30-11am in MIHS Library Presentation Room.
- Get Involved! We still have many ways to get involved at MIHS:
- Staff Appreciation Luncheons – we always appreciate food and set up/clean up help to show our faculty and staff how much we care.
- Volunteer Opportunities – check out the online sign up list for opportunities (and see who else signed up!)
- Legislative Advocacy – many things are happening locally and nationally; be part of the discussion.
- Senior Activities Helpers – graduation planning and events are coming up and we could use helping hands! Email Senior Activities Chair.
- 2016-2017 PTSA Membership and Pass the Hat Contributions
- Our online form is a convenient way to make payments for MIHS PTSA Membership and contributions to Pass the Hat. You have the option to pay with Personal Check, PayPal or Credit Card via PayPal using this online system. There is NO service fee charged to parents.
- Individual or Family PTSA Membership which includes MIHS PTSA Directory.
- Pass The Hat contributions
- Friends of the Library donation
- Personalized Bricks
- All donations are tax deductible! Don’t forget our Corporate Match Program to help make your taxable donation stretch even farther!
- Do You Have Personal Contact or Emergency Contact Information Changes?
- If yes, it’s important to let the Mercer Island School District know i.e. Skyward. Instructions: download MISD Student Information Change Form and submit it to your School Secretary. If it’s just an email change, you can do that yourself in Skyward.